Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday thoughts

As baby boy naps to the sounds of waves, I putter about on the computer. I really should be doing dishes, or tidying up, but don't want to wake him and also, I take all the 'me' time I can get these days ;)
So, I finished up my tea and cookies, and thought I'd write a little post.....of nothing in particular, just a ramble. So bear with me....bare?...bear? Bare, it must be bare. HA!

I've been trying to cut out the amount of "sugary" and "bready" things I eat in a day (and milk). I've done it lots before, I've gone a year gluten free and milk free, my whole pregnancy I cut out all the things you shouldn't eat while pregnant, and I've done a month of a candida cleanse, in the summer might I add when it's the time you want to have a beer and eat pizza, or whatever. But, for some reason, over the last few weeks of wanting to do this, I haven't been able to. I've been best this week, but still could do better. I know part of it is, when it comes time to eat, I find what's quick and easy, because I don't have a lot of time before Ryder needs my full attention again. And also, I just feel like having those 4 cookies in the middle of the afternoon, and why not!? So I go for it. Now, I am wanting to cut these things out, not because I'm worried about weight or calories (i've been thankful and lucky for my metabolism) but because I feel bogged down if I too much of it in one day. My diet is by no means unhealthy, I have a hard time straying away from the healthy organic foods, because it's been my whole life. So, I will most likely eat those cookies AND the apple.
Before I got pregnant, I was not a sweets person, sure I'd have a treat here and there, but I never craved it. About half way through pregnancy, that all changed. As soon as I'd finish a savory meal or even snack, I'd want something sweet. I thought it would pass once I had the baby, but nope. It's still here, strong and dead fast! haha
I do know I'll feel more energy if I cut out the quick engergy boost foods, and cut out the bready things....but then again, I've never had the full energy a late twenty's girl should feel....and that's just fine. it's who I am. I get by. I'm happy. Let's just hope that the energy kicks in more so when Ryder is ready to run around!!

I guess that was about something 'particular'....



No comments:

Post a Comment