Friday, June 21, 2013

Recipes tried and tested.

Over the last few months, I've had some inspiration and motivation to try some recipes that were making their way around facebook, and I thought I'd share my experience about the process and how it turned out....

Most recently I tried:

http://www.healyrealfoodvegetarian.com/chia-chocolate-mousse-dairy-free-vegan/

It was quick and simple. Having a handheld coffee grinder helped a lot, to grind up the sugar and the chia seeds to powder. I am sure there are other ways to do it as well.
The flavour and texture is, interesting....but for the combination of the ingredients, it aint bad!
*I added a little bit of maple syrup to "sweeten" it up a bit more, as it was very heavy in the cocoa flavor.


Another dessert I tried:

Banana oat cookies.
No sugar added!
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup applesauce
2 cups oats
1/2 cups raisins (optional. I actually used chocolate chips, which was lovely!)
1tsp Vanilla
1tsp cinnimon

mix all together, form into the size of cookie you'd like, and bake at 350 for 15-20mins! (depending on your oven, ours seems to be weak, so keep your eye on them to see when they have browned)

They are a perfect little cookie, that aren't too sweet, but perfect if you are wanting a little snack/dessert but aren't wanting to have something packed with too much sugar.

Another recipe, and I think my favorite, and the one I have enjoyed and felt most proud of is:
http://www.frugallivingnw.com/frugal-homemaking/amazing-no-knead-bread-step-by-step-recipe/

This amazing, and simple recipe for bread! I just love it! check out the link above for the directions.
I have made both the regular, and the molasses recipe, and both turned out great. I don't think I've ever been so proud of anything I've ever made....well, except of course Ryder! haha.


A recipe that I wouldn't reccomend, or at least that I did not like the outcome of:
Eggs cooked(baked) in an avocado...
Ingredients:
Whole avocado
Eggs
Cayenne pepper (or any spice of your choice)
... Cheese (optional)

Remove the stone from an avocado. Scoop out a little more avocado to increase the size of the stone's crater. Crack an egg into the crater. Sprinkle with Cayenne pepper (cheese too if you desire). Bake in the oven at 180 degrees until egg is cooked to the level you like.


I just didn't like the texture, or the taste. I love both avocado and eggs, even in the same meal, but not heated up together, or baked eggs for that matter.....




Those are just a few....more to come at a later date!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment